Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Lover

What does all this stuff about "Oneness with God," mean?  Here is a story.  Once upon a time, I was in love.  I came to the door of my lover's room and knocked.  "Who is it?" she called out.  "It is I," I said through the closed door.  No response from my lover.  I knocked again.  Silence.  I tried to open the door on my own power.  I could not.  "Let me in," I pleaded.  "Go away," replied my lover.  Distraught, I went away.  Alone, in solitude, I longed for my lover.  Everything around me reminded me of her.  Everywhere I went I seemed to see her.  My heart ached.  Suddenly, the light went on for me.  I went back to her room and knocked on the door.  "Who is it?" she asked from within.  "It is you," I replied.  The door flew open and I was welcomed in with love. "There is not enough room in here for two I s," she whispered.  Rumi, the poet helped me with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment