Friday, September 22, 2017

Inside Or Outside

I am having trouble typing this blog.  I tripped while exercising yesterday and fell on my hands and knee.  They are a mess.  I am icing the knee.  It did not get cut.  The hands did get skin torn off and are a mess.  I went home and rubbed alcohol on my hand wounds.  I about passed out from the alcohol sting on raw flesh.  Ironically, if I could laugh, alcohol on the outside of my skin takes away germs and helps healing, after the initial ouching.  I used to take alcohol on the inside of my skin for a different pain, but it never healed anything.  It only numbed me for a while.  So, I find alcohol does have healing qualities, if kept on the outside, poured over or rubbed onto a wound.  Now if I had pain relieving ointment, that would have been nice.  Tonight, I will limp to a party with seven couples who want to have dinner with me.  They will ask how I am.  I will lie and say fine, while maybe  wearing gloves.  I will secretly hope that someone has a miracle healing ointment and non-stick bandages.  I seem to still be delusional, thinking that people come to dinner parties with triage kits in their purses.  At the party, there will be drinking of alcohol.  I have learned that no matter how yucky my hands and knee might feel, the alcohol on the inside will only make it worse.  If someone going to the party reads this blog, I may yet have a happy, triage experience.  But I will come sober no matter what.   😇

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you're gone from the valley for a week and now look at you! Hope you're feeling better. Glad you didn't break anything.

    ReplyDelete