Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Right-Fighter

Someone said that they were "right-fighters."  They always had to be right.  Is this you too?  When I am at my best, balanced, centered, I don't have to prove that I am right and therefore you wrong.  I say, "This is what I think" and then examine my opinion against the information I receive from others.  The experience of others helps me to get a better sense of what is reality.  When I am off my mark, then is when I tend to be prejudicial, judgmental, with a need to be right so as to overcome some fear that dwells within me.  Nothing like looking stupid and being the last one in the group to know.  This has happened to me more than once.  The key to holding on to "being right" when I am wrong, is fear.  I work on fear...most days.  Living in the "Kingdom of Jerks" is rather painful, eventually.  Better to trudge the road of happy destiny than to be mired in the wrong road altogether.  Someone else's experience taught me this, when I was ready to listen.  

1 comment: